Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hate that i love you

Had a long talk with someone the other night. A talk that's long overdue. Our relationship has never been exactly "boring." Our peaks and valleys have been so dramatic and so frequent that i just gave up on the relationship...
Ironically, this friendship keeps resurrecting itself. And no matter how many times we've fought, we've always patched things up. Our knowledge of each other is so intense and extensive that we can't help but love and hate each other...
No matter how far apart we are, our concern and compassion for each other never really change. We exchange all sorts of hurtful words during these painful situations, but if one of us is in trouble, the other one's always ready and willing to help out (or at the very least, find out about what happened).
Just recently, we had a six-month off-reason, the longest we've ever had. And when we started talking to each other again, our comfort lever was still the same -- it was like the time we spent apart never even happened!
I've said, "I hate this person" so many times in the past, when we'd fight and I'd be right and he'd be wrong (kidding). I've said, "Let's forget about this" and "I give up" more times than I can count. Strangely enough, I realize I still really do care about him...

No comments: