Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Say what u feel

10th grade
As I sat there in English class, I
stared at the girl next to me. She
was my so called "best friend". I
stared at her long, silky hair, and
wished she was mine. But she didn't
notice me like that, and I knew it.
After class, she walked up to me
and asked me for the notes she had
missed the day before and handed
them to her. She said "thanks" and
gave me a kiss on the cheek. I
wanted to tell her, I want her to
know that I don't want to be just
friends, I love her but I'm just too
shy, and I don't know why.
11th grade
The phone rang. On the other end, it
was her. She was in tears, mumbling
on and on about how her love had
broke her heart. She asked me to
come over because she didn't want
to be alone, so I did. As I sat next to
her on the sofa, I stared at her soft
eyes, wishing she was mine. After 2
hours, one Drew Barrymore movie,
and three bags of chips, she decided
to go to sleep. She looked at me,
said "thanks" and gave me a kiss
on the cheek. I want to tell her, I
want her to know that I don't want
to be just friends, I love her but I'm
just too shy, and I don't know why.
Senior year
The day before prom she walked to
my locker. My date is sick" she said;
he's not going to go well, I didn't
have a date, and in 7th grade, we
made a promise that if neither of us
had dates, we would go together
just as "best friends". So we did.
Prom night, after everything was
over, I was standing at her front
door step. I stared at her as she
smiled at me and stared at me with
her crystal eyes. I want her to be
mine, but she isn't think of me like
that, and I know it. Then she said "I
had the best time, thanks!" and
gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want
to tell her, I want her to know that I
don't want to be just friends, I love
her but I'm just too shy, and I don't
know why.
Graduation Day
A day passed, then a week, then a
month. Before I could blink, it was
graduation day. I watched as her
perfect body floated like an angel
up on stage to get her diploma. I
wanted her to be mine, but she
didn't notice me like that, and I
knew it. Before everyone went
home, she came to me in her smock
and hat, and cried as I hugged her.
Then she lifted her head from my
shoulder and said, "you're my best
friend, thanks" and gave me a kiss
on the cheek. I want to tell her, I
want her to know that I don't want
to be just friends, I love her but I'm
just too shy, and I don't know why.
A Few Years Later
Now I sit in the pews of the church.
That girl is getting married now. I
watched her say "I do" and drive
off to her new life, married to
another man. I wanted her to be
mine, but she didn't see me like
that, and I knew it. But before she
drove away, she came to me and
said "you came!". She said "thanks"
and kissed me on the cheek. I want
to tell her, I want her to know that I
don't want to be just friends, I love
her but I'm just too shy, and I don't
know why.
Funeral
Years passed, I looked down at the
coffin of a girl who used to be my
"best friend". At the service, they
read a diary entry she had wrote in
her high school years. This is what it
read: I stare at him wishing he was
mine, but he doesn't notice me like
that, and I know it. I want to tell
him, I want him to know that I don't
want to be just friends, I love him
but I'm just too shy, and I don't
know why. I wish he would tell me
he loved me! `I wish I did too...` I
thought to my self, and I cried.

1 comment:

Agent11 said...

This one is great .