Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

SMARTEST MUM

A Mom comes to visit her son John
who's living with a female roommate
named Samantha. John's mother
doesn't like the idea of her son
living with a woman, as he's in
college and doesn't need any
distractions. To ease his mother's
worries, John invites her to stay for
dinner.
During the course of the meal, his
mother couldn't help but notice
how pretty John's roommate was.
She had long been suspicious of a
relationship between the two and
this had only made her more
curious.
Over the course of the evening,
while watching the two interact,
she started to wonder if there was
more between John and his
roommate than met the eye.
Reading his mom's thoughts, John
volunteered, "I know what your
thinking Mom, but I assure you,
Samantha and I are just
roommates."
About a week later, Samantha came
to John saying, "Ever since your
mother came to dinner, I've been
unable to find the silver peanut
butter jar. You don't suppose she
took it, do you?" John said, "Well, I
doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be
sure."
So he sat down and wrote:
Dear Mother,
I'm not saying that you 'did' take
the peanut butter jar from my
house, I'm not saying that you 'did
not' take the peanut butter jar. But
the fact remains that it has been
missing ever since you were here
for dinner.
Love,
John
Several days later, John received an
email from his Mother which read:
Dear Son,
I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep
with Samantha, and I'm not saying
that you 'do not' sleep with
Samantha. But the fact remains that
if she was sleeping in her OWN
bed, she would have found the
peanut butter jar under her pillow...
Love,
Mom

No comments: